Friday, December 08, 2006

I wrote a post about the finance minister...

...that was completly wrong.

She didn;t resign. No idea where the story came from. Lots of 'nervousness and emotion around the corridors of power' at the moment, according to Minister Zyta Gilowska.

But I still think she will be resigning soon as she is now a front runner for the chief of the Central Bank, a position vacant soon with the end of the term of Leszek Balcerowicz.

So I apologize to any readers I may have misinformed.

It probably won't be the last time.

I took the post off. Sorry. But naybe she is waiting for her moment to resign for this

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are going to be looking for a Finance Minister in the UK soon, when G Brown is crowned PM. So my not Gilowska go there and teach em a few thing?

sonia said...

Since you're in Poland, that will be five Heil Marys for your sis

sonia said...

sins

Anonymous said...

Get back into the time machine and come back to the present. I'm sure Zyta wlll be leaving the cabinet soon. Oh, and while you were there in the future, did you find out if Lepper was kicked out of the government for some grab-ass?

beatroot said...

I think Jaroslaw will have to decide on Monday. On Thursday he delayed a trip to Lithuania because of Samoobrona Karma Sutras...(baff)

But he did bugger off to Vilnius Friday...leaving everyone else ...er...holding the baby!

We are also waiting for the DNA results of Lyzwinski's love child, or not (baff baff). When he was asked what he would be doing over the weekend while waiting for the results, he said: "Reading a book." I wonder what he will be reading?

"Me and Andrzej and a baby makes three?'

Anonymous said...

How did I miss this blog until now? This is absolutely great stuff.

I've spent the last year and a half living in Krakow (I <3 Nowa Huta!). I try to follow the ins-n-outs of the political scene as closely as possible without getting too depressed so I appreciate the light-hearted tone of the blog. Keep it up.

beatroot said...

Cheers anon- you are welcome anytime. Don't get depressed...